Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
First Minister in Canada to win business for Wales - #WalesCan
The First Minister, Carwyn Jones, will travel to Montreal next week to meet with senior executives from a number of Canadian aerospace and technology companies.
- Young people lead community change at National Citizen Service Wales launch
- First Minister begins search for the best of Wales
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- First Minister in Canada to win business for Wales - #WalesCan
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Consultation on the Equality Impact Assessments for the 2014-2020 Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Legislative proposals for Additional Learning Needs – White paper
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
80 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Interim Advice Notes Status in Wales
Find out the status of all Interim Advice Notes (IANs) in Wales here, including those issued by the Highways Agency not adopted in Wales.
Published Wales Only Versions
The Interim Advice Notes (IANs) published for use in Wales listed below are available by selecting ‘Published Wales Only Interim Advice Notes (IANs)’ on the left hand side of this page.
Not Adopted in Wales (England Only)
The Interim Advice Notes (IANs) listed below are currently not adopted in full in Wales:
- IAN 135/10 - Landscape and Visual Effects Assessment
- IAN 133/10 - Environmental Assessment and the Planning Act 2008
- IAN 130/10 - Ecology and Nature Conservation: Criteria for Impact Assessment
- IAN 114/08 - Highways Agency Carbon Calculation and Reporting Requirements.
- IAN 84/10 - Environmental Information System (EnvIS).
- IAN 109/08 – Advice Regarding the Motorway Signal Mark 4 (MS4)
- IAN 107/08 – Variable Demand Modelling as part of a Transport Assessment for the Highways Agency
- IAN 106/08 – Guidance Note for the Traffic Consultants Employed on Highways Agency Schemes
- IAN 104/07 – The Anchorage of Reinforcement & Fixings in Hardened Concrete
- IAN 103/08 – Ramp Metering
- IAN 100/07 – Cultural Heritage Asset Management Plans
- IAN 99/07 – Implementation of Local Grid Referencing System for England
- IAN 98/07 – HD 28 – Guidance for HA Service Providers on Implementing the Skid Resistance Policy
- IAN 93/07 – Driver Location Signs – Interim Performance Specification
- IAN 90/07 – Guidance for the Use of Rapid Setting Emergency Repair Materials
- IAN 84/07 – Environmental Information System (EnvIS)
- IAN 75/06 – Code of Practice for Emergency Access to and Egress from the Trunk Road Network in England
- IAN 67/05 – Structures Management Information System (SMIS) – The operational use of SMIS
- IAN 62/05 – Management of Highway Structures Handover and Related Inspections
- IAN 60/05 – The Introduction of a New Highways Agency Policy for the Performance Requirements for Central Reserve Safety Barriers on Motorways.
- IAN 51/03 – Hinge Deck Structures
- IAN 42/02 – Traffic Speed Condition Surveys: Revised Assessment Criteria
- IAN 39/01 – Post Opening Project Appraisal (POPE)
- IAN 36/01 – The Use and Application of Micro-Simulation Traffic Models
- IAN 22 – Corrosion Protection Systems for Lighting Columns and Bridge Bearings
- IAN 21 – Safety Fence Amendments
- IAN 20 – Parapets
- IAN 19 – Parapets, Appendix C-BBA Certificate
- IAN 18 - Parapets
IAN 17 – Motorway Communications Clause 1530 & Guidance Note 1530
Partially Adopted in Wales
Currently there are no partially adopted IANs in Wales.