Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Minister wishes Team Wales ‘Pob Lwc’ ahead of the Commonwealth Games
Natural Resources, Culture and Sport Minister John Griffiths has wished Team Wales the very best of luck for the Commonwealth Games.
- Proxima to create up to 68 new jobs in Wales
- Call for evidence as review begins into role of Children’s Commissioner
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Minister wishes Team Wales ‘Pob Lwc’ ahead of the Commonwealth Games
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Renting Homes – Illustrative Model Contract
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Legislative proposals for Additional Learning Needs – White paper
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
78 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Policy and legislation
Welsh Language Strategy
We have published a new strategy for the promotion and facilitation of the use of Welsh language. It has been prepared in accordance with Section 78 of the Government of Wales Act 2006.
The Government's vision is to see the Welsh language thriving in Wales. To achieve that, the strategy aims to see an increase in the number of people who both speak and use the language.
Welsh-medium Education Strategy
This strategy is a historic milestone in Welsh-medium education. It sets the direction for making improvements in the teaching and learning of Welsh, including Welsh second language.
Welsh Language Scheme
Our Welsh Language Scheme explains how we will provide our services to the public in both Welsh and English, and how we will mainstream the Welsh language into our work across all departments.
Our revised scheme and its new action plan was approved by the Welsh Language Board on 29 March 2011.