Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Analysing all patient deaths to improve standards of care in Wales
A senior doctor will lead work to make sure the way the NHS reviews the records of all patients who die in hospital is consistent throughout Wales, Health Minister Mark Drakeford announced today.
- Deputy Minister welcomes positive findings for Jobs Growth Wales report
- Education Minister congratulates tomorrow’s Welsh Heads
- Analysing all patient deaths to improve standards of care in Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Nature Recovery Plan for Wales
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
26 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Policy and legislation
Welsh Language Strategy
We have published a new strategy for the promotion and facilitation of the use of Welsh language. It has been prepared in accordance with Section 78 of the Government of Wales Act 2006.
The Government's vision is to see the Welsh language thriving in Wales. To achieve that, the strategy aims to see an increase in the number of people who both speak and use the language.
Welsh-medium Education Strategy
This strategy is a historic milestone in Welsh-medium education. It sets the direction for making improvements in the teaching and learning of Welsh, including Welsh second language.
Welsh Language Scheme
Our Welsh Language Scheme explains how we will provide our services to the public in both Welsh and English, and how we will mainstream the Welsh language into our work across all departments.
Our revised scheme and its new action plan was approved by the Welsh Language Board on 29 March 2011.